In case your PC gained’t boot, there’s a very good probability that the ability provide would be the supply of the problem. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined a number of indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some fundamental troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully clear up the issue.
First, we’ll want to substantiate that this isn’t a neighborhood electrical challenge.
- Take a look at whether or not the issue is said to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a recognized working outlet
- Affirm that the ability cable shouldn’t be the problem by swapping for a recognized working cable
- Verify all energy cable connections for tightness
- Verify the ability swap on the rear of the PSU to substantiate it’s within the | place
- Verify the PSU for exterior put on or injury probably attributable to overheating
Should you’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you’ll be able to carry out what’s known as a Jumper Take a look at to judge the performance of the PSU itself.
- Fully disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides depart the 20-pin connector connected. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a metallic paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide swap within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability swap. In case your PSU fan spins, which means it’s getting energy and has not failed utterly. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, nevertheless it might additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to switch that energy provide.
That’s it! Take a look at the Velocity Micro blog for extra PC troubleshooting suggestions and methods to assist get you again up and operating.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s crew since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.